The Big 5
5 great things about being a beginner
1. Every day brings a rapid improvement in your fitness, even if it doesn’t feel like it. Once you’re a seasoned runner, you’ll think back fondly on a time when it was possible to run faster and farther every day.
2. You have an excuse to buy a ton of new gear—including cool shoes!
3. Running helps you see your local area, city or town in a totally new light and explore side streets and trails you might never experience otherwise.
4. You will develop a keen awareness of muscles you didn’t know existed. Thanks, post-run soreness! also known as DOMS effect (Delayed Onset of Muscle Soreness) normally hits the day after and at its worst after 48 hours
5. The feeling of accomplishment and growing confidence is second to none.
Want new articles before they get published?
Subscribe to our Awesome Newsletter.